Articles, pictures and discussion related to British Rail Class 26 diesel locos
Class 26 diesel locomotives were built by the Birmingham Railway Carriage and Wagon Company between 1958 and 1959. Originally the Class 26s were known as the BRCW Type 2. 47 Class 26s were built and were almost exclusively usedin Scotland. The final Class 26 loco was withdrawn in 1994.
Several have been preserved and run on heritage railways.